(AOF) – From the opening match on November 20 at 4:50 pm between the host country and Ecuador until the final on December 18, the channel that holds the rights will broadcast live the 28 best posters of the high mass of football ( out of 64 in total), including all matches of the French team. 16 consecutive prime time matches at 8 pm will be aired between November 21 and December 6. Consequently, television news will be carried at 7:20 pm
TF1 will obviously rely on its star commentators, Grégoire Margotton and Bixente Lizarazu. The duo will oversee most of the meetings, the other matches will go to Julien Brun, who is associated with Rudi Garcia, on whom TF1 has already bet in Euro 2016 and World Cup 2018.
In a wave of new faces, in addition to the arrival of Saber Desfarges as a man on the field instead of Frédéric Calenge, TF1 chose Adil Rami. The 2018 world champion will take part in Le Mag, the program presented by Denis Brogniart, where we will also see Rio Mavuba and Nadia Benmokhtar as consultants.
AOF – LEARN MORE
– Leading the French television group with a 29.9% audience share among 25-49 year olds;
– Five free-to-air channels – TF1, TMC, LCI, TFX, TF SERIES FILMS – 4 thematic pay channels – TV Breizh, Histoire, Ushuaïa and SérieClub – and a digital replay platform, MYTF1;
– Turnover of €2.4 billion, 89% generated in France and divided into three sectors: channel advertising (76% of revenue), studio and entertainment activities (17%) with Newen and the “Digital Unify”, which are combined the activities carried out under the brands Aufeminin, Doctissimo, Gamned! Marmiton, MylittleParis, Studio71 and Digital Factory;
– Business model based on 4 strengths: human, intellectual (editorial, commercial and content producer knowledge), financial (solid equity and cash flow) and physical capital;
– Locked capital of Bouygues (43.7%) and employees (9.1%) and the legislative impossibility of a takeover bid, Gilles Pélisson is the chairman of the 11-member board of directors;
– Debt-free balance sheet with shareholders’ equity of €1.8 billion and a net surplus of €275 million.
– Strategy in 3 points: strengthening of the main business, growth in streaming, production through internal synergies, development of Tech Media;
– Innovation strategy rejected upstream in content creation, downstream using digital based on FabLab TF1: expansion of Tech Media to OTT, AdTech, open innovation and the cloud / support for start-ups (more than 30), with an acceleration program (from creation to distribution) through the One Inno fund, Media Lab and 3 innovation hubs / focus on validating the database (23 million users) for a targeted offer, including certain household, by accuracy and granularity;
– Environmental strategy: for 2030: 30% decrease, compared to 2019, in CO2 emissions through co-production, digital sobriety, soft mobility and decarbonization of purchases / for 2025: 35% decrease in electricity consumption of TF1 tower;
– Leading advertising agency in France, with impressive expertise in multi-media and the ability to maintain its market share.
– Highly regulated sector with limitations on redeployment and external growth, uncertainties related to the rise of video on demand, connected TV and the rise of streaming platforms;
– Uncertainty in the final decision of the Competition Authority on the merger of television activities with M6 activities, expected for 2023: expected synergies from 250 to 350 $M;
– After acquiring the stake of France Télévisions in the audiovisual subscription platform Salto, held together with M6, success of the streaming project;
– Conserving costs in the context of the European economic slowdown;
– After a 5% increase in revenues and 17% in net income as of June 30, 2022 objective: Media division: strengthening of audiences at the Football World Cup at the end of 2022 / sale of Publisher activities at the end of the year / Newen Studios: significant delivery in the 2nd half and new orders from platforms;
– Outcome of the conflict with Canal Plus (which stopped broadcasting the channels of the TF1 group).
French players are well positioned in audiovisual production
Among independent players, Frenchman Banijay is the world leader with an expected turnover of 3 billion euros in 2022 in a market representing 100 billion in revenue. Mediawan (backed by the KKR fund), whose turnover reaches 1 billion euros, is the other main French player in the sector. The market is still very fragmented because according to the European Audiovisual Observatory, the top twenty production groups are only responsible for 38% of the titles created in 2020. However, experts believe that the sector has entered a phase consolidation. Banijay’s stock market listing therefore aims to enable it to better participate in this movement.